* This product is not for use in the State of Michigan. In California, Oregon and Washington use Cattzilla California. Cattzilla California is used 1 day to 1 week after aquatic herbicide treatment. Rules for application must be followed in each state. Some states will not allow the use of this product and others have special permits. Call us, 888.757.9577 for more information.
NOTE: CattZilla DOES NOT kill aquatic plants or algae
Over the past few years we have been experimenting at our facilities with different application methods of CattZilla and herbicides in cattail management plans. This is an ongoing experiment to optimize the effect CattZilla has on the dead matter of the plants. The progress will be updated periodically on our Natural Lakes blog.
|Ingredients||Catalysts and other non-hazardous, proprietary ingredients|
|Stability – Activity loss||At 75 degrees F for 12 months*: 10% or less; At 100 degrees F for 6 months*: 10% or less; *When stored as directed in a sealed container out of direct sunlight.|
|Storage and Handling||Store in a cool, dry space between 50-80 degrees F. Keep out of direct sunlight and do not store with strong oxidizing agents.|
This neighborhood pond in Wisconsin was one of the first tests for CattZilla. Applicators added CattZilla to the herbicide in their mixing tank. Two months later the unsightly cattails were dead and had fallen over, ensuring that the dead stalks wouldn’t become an eyesore for the neighborhood.
A mixture containing a glyphosate herbicide and CattZilla was able to knock down the patches of cattails found all around this manufacturing plant’s cooling pond.
Overall, I believe through my visual observations that CattZilla provides more efficient capabilities of not only acting as a surfactant but also in relieving a pond owner of the unsightly dead cattail view at a much faster rate than normal.” – Zach, researcher and pond manager in WI
CattZilla works over a wide pH range, but for best results adjust tank mix to pH of 4 to 6.
Regular Dose: (mixed with herbicide) 3 gallons per acre OR 8 ounces per 1,000 square feet
Super Dose: (mixed with herbicide) 15 gallons per acre OR 40 ounces per 1,000 square feet
Mix Rate: 16 oz per gal of herbicide solution
- Water Feature & Small decorative ponds
- Ponds and Lakes
- Golf Course Ponds
- Aquaculture, hatcheries, raceways
- Koi Ponds
- Retention Ponds
- Enhances dead plant matter degradation
- Continues degradation under water level
- Helps cattails fall within roughly 1 to 2 weeks
Q: Is this product hazardous?
Q: How do you apply this product for cattail management?
A: Cattzilla can be mixed directly in the tank with the herbicide**.
Q: What pH should the mixing tank be at?
Q: Can it be used alone?
A: Applications of Cattzilla alone may help to knock over dead standing cattail stalks.
Q: Does this product hurt fish?
A: CattZilla will only harm fish at 200-300 times the label rate.
**CALIFORNIA, OREGON, AND MICHIGAN APPLICATORS: apply algaecide first, then return and add CattZilla
- 1-gallon containers, minimum order of 1 case (6 gallons)
- 2.5-gallon containers, minimum order of 1 case (5 gallons)